Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fact gathering

\I'm a fact checker in life, always have been always will be. I like to listen and learn from other people before making a decision. This may be a downfall but it is certainly nice because nobody expects you to say anything because you don't usually have much to say anyway.

Yesterday my brother and I had a good long chat. It was nice to talk and listen (although I believe I talked more than I listened ;D ). When I'd finally finished with what I had to say he gave me some good advice about the Mish. This is what I gathered and I hope its what he meant.
    - Its important to work hard because we need to work hard. Its not good to work because we know there is a break at the end. The best reason to work is because you want to share the Gospel of Christ. More importantly its important because you love the people.
 AKA--> Work because you love the people and want to share about Christ, not because you know your time will be up in a year and a half or two.

I just love my family so much! Honestly when I need some good information I go to them their like the honest to goodness info gurues :D they know A LOT and I'm so grateful to be able to bug them all the time for info.

It's hard to see things changing though...
Just today I started to pack up my things for three months of working and saving for the Mish. Dad said something that made me laugh "we went from 0 to 60 kids and now 60 to 0 in no time at all!" :D But at least we'll be together for forever :D and that is all that matters to me.

Of course... the New Years Resolutions come out :D But first a thank you (in list form because I find I'm rather fond of them, its easier to read than paragraph after paragraph) to 2012
For:
- those moments of stargazing with friends
- A new job at Fredrico's
- Many new friends including... ok that list is too long ;) haha
- Boys, fun, and Heartbreaks
- The "College Experience"
- The Gym
- A Mission Call
- Taking my little sister to a College Dance :D muahahahaha :D mom and dad didn't like that one... I wonder why :)... too many cute boys too old for her or something... :D
- College Basketball and Football games
- Sending a good friend off on her mission.
- Seeing friends get boyfriend and get married!!! Just waiting for the moment when they say they're expecting!!!!
- THE BEST roommies a person could ask for.
- A family that is stuck together forever :D YAY!!!

And now for 2013
-To learn how to work not to find the end but to enjoy the beginning, the middle and the end.
- Become a Missionary for Him.
- Learn... all that I need, and whatever extras He has for me :D

Thats all for tonight :D love ya all :D

No comments:

Post a Comment