5:32 am, It's CHRISTMAS!!!
The day starts out with its usual hullabaloo (did you know that is actually a word?! I didn't:D), and I'm not proud of how it went but grateful for a good sister who loves me still. (We're still practicing Spanish occasionally... more like she says something I laugh and she has to repeat again... she is so patient)
"Why did YOU let SODA OUT!!!" -I squealed
"You DID!!!" -Sarah muttered back
"SODA!!!" -Rather frustrated and tired still... hadn't quite grasped the holiday spirit I guess :D
"Well it's 5:53 they're going to wake up soon anyway" -the ever positive Sarah :D,
Even though a rough beginning it turned out to be the perfect day. Santa brought me some lovely missionary suit cases I can't wait to load up. A beautiful watch that is perfectly simple I think. And obviously many presents in between for me and the whole family.
I've been preparing myself for this day for quite some time. I didn't realize how different it would feel though, mission call and all. I wasn't thinking about it until my mom opened her present from her mom.
A beautiful music box thats tune has escaped, something a mother would give her daughter...
As it played my mom looked at me and with tears in her eyes explained "I don't have many more of these to come." It made me cry, I love my Grandparents so much! What I wouldn't do to have them for time and all eternity, to be able to sit and play card games, hike, hunt, cook, and talk with (maybe even some Mafia ;)). I believe that is what will be in the eternities, it wouldn't be perfect without those times.
I'm so grateful for the temple and its sealing powers... I may not have many Christmas' with both of my Grandparents with me on this earth but I have Eternity to be with them and learn from them and love them as I have here on earth.
The day isn't over yet :D we're headed over to Grandma & Grandpa William's home soon, I'm so excited :D I love them so much.
LOVE YA'LL (better work on the accent right ;))
No comments:
Post a Comment