Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Another week filled with Tender Mercies

Dear Family
 
I LOVE YOU ALL HAHA :D

Concerning Abby haha ABBY!!! LOUISIANNA IS AMAZING!!! You'll love it!!! 
I'm actually in a branch ward so I'm a Young Womans counselor because there aren't many people to choose from that come every week so they need the missionaries to fill in. My branch ward is actually an English Branch, because... well its super small and of the 30-40 people about 30 of them are english speaking. The church is about 15 or 20 minutes away from a lot of the people so it's hard to get them there... I'll take a picture and send it your way :D
President Wall doesn't like to have "Salt and Pepper" companionships (one spanish and one english speaking companion) so we are both spanish speaking sisters. He only does that when he absolutely has to :D
I leave this Wednesday for camp and we'll be there till Saturday :D I'm so EXCITED!!! AH!!! :D
Camp here in Louisiana (and I've found out everywhere but Utah and some of Idaho) is always a stake camp! So I get the feeling its like our Heber camp. English speaking mostly.  :D haha
 
We're giving a thought/ lesson in FHE today and we're talking about The Wizard of Oz and how the yellow brick road is the path to "home" or eternal life. Red slippers are the Gift we get that is the Holy Ghost and baptism our first step . The Scare crow, tin man, and lion are all things too! Oh I'll just have to write this on a paper and send it home its pretty cute.

Ok mom! I had an opportunity to give one of the dolls out to a investigator! Casandra. She is a sweet woman who has had a really hard life.  She has two girls one the age of 6 and the other 4 (Best guess maybe a year older for both). We were trackting on Saturday and I had one of the dolls in my bag. We had no Idea where to go and so we were going to go to the neighbor member right next to them and I planned to give them the doll but they weren't there and so we went to Casandra's. I was drenched in sweat (it was 2 o'clock! and we'd been biking all around Morgan City trying to find someone to share the gospel with... it was CRAZY haha :D) and Casandra opened the door looked at me and said something like you look awful and hot come IN!!! haha I was so sweaty haha so funny :D We were just laughing. (I'm so grateful for my companion she and I laugh so much and she can make anything a good moment... she is a hard worker and is always thinking of others... I just love her so much!!!) but We got in the door. and sat down and I thought of the doll and gave it to the girls. They were SO excited!!! Loved that doll and played with it. They were excited to cut the clothes out. I was so grateful to have something to show my gratitude for the moments rest from the hot sun :D. haha I've seen so many moments when Heavenly Father has blessed Hna Ure and I as we are being obedient.
Well... its been an amazing week filled with spiritual moments and great lessons. :D I hope all is well at home and am grateful for all the love, support, prayers, and stories I get from home.
I love you family!
Love from Us
Hermana Nielsen
P.S.- SARAH!!! WHO is this boy!? How come I feel like you've dropped off the edge of the world? I LOVE YOU!!!! Just want you to know that no matter what Heavenly Father will take care of you and knows what you need. I love you girly :D How is Seminary going?!!! I can't wait to hear your supper fun stories about that and SENIOR YEAR!!! AH!!! WHY you have to grow up so fast :(... I love you infinity and beyond Plus whatever you say NO battle!!! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment