I love ya'll SO much!!!
I'm so grateful for the updates and letters I've been getting! You are all in my prayers!
This week has been so full of miracles and lessons... I just don't know where to start :D
So this week was kinda crazy because we had exchanges!!! AH!!! I was so nervous!! I stayed in Morgan City and showed another sister around as my companion went to a different area. I learned the importance of speaking up and saying those things that the spirit (and my own brain) bring to mind. We had a miracle happen! Sister Ure was gone and my temporary companion (sister Palmer) and I went and knocked on some doors :D.
We met a Young woman and it was sorta awkward as sister palmer took the lead and started speaking in spanish. In my head I knew something was wrong... but I couldn't put my finger on it.. other that it all was in spanish. So I started stumbling along in spanish and this lady stops me and says "I speak English too, you were doing so good though" (it wasn't rude or anything! It was as nicely as she could say it). We all laughed and we got a return appointment with her :D.
Exchanges were over and I was so excited to tell hermana Ure that we'd found another person to teach (we're teaching her tonight!!!) so I told her the whole story and then I mentioned her name. That was when sister Ure's face lit up! She was so excited!! The transfer earlier she and her companion had met this woman as she was trying to find an apartment and the one next door to us was open. Hermana Ure and her companion went into their apartment and were so excited they had a prayer right then that this woman (we'll call her Jill) could move next door because they just felt like she was ready for the gospel and they could feel the "light of Christ" in her life!!! AH!!! So needless to say when I mentioned Jill sister Ure was super excited too!!!
Ah!! I just love ya all so much and am grateful for the time I get to hear your stories! Keep me updated! I'll work better at telling the stories here in Louisiana :D.
Exchanges were over and I was so excited to tell hermana Ure that we'd found another person to teach (we're teaching her tonight!!!) so I told her the whole story and then I mentioned her name. That was when sister Ure's face lit up! She was so excited!! The transfer earlier she and her companion had met this woman as she was trying to find an apartment and the one next door to us was open. Hermana Ure and her companion went into their apartment and were so excited they had a prayer right then that this woman (we'll call her Jill) could move next door because they just felt like she was ready for the gospel and they could feel the "light of Christ" in her life!!! AH!!! So needless to say when I mentioned Jill sister Ure was super excited too!!!
Ah!! I just love ya all so much and am grateful for the time I get to hear your stories! Keep me updated! I'll work better at telling the stories here in Louisiana :D.
I'm working on the Cajun words :D haha there are so many!!! like this one:
Thibodoux (Ti-bi-dough) like really! there are so many!
haha Layfeyette (laugh-fee-yet) not (la-fi-yet) its laugh hahah :D
haha Layfeyette (laugh-fee-yet) not (la-fi-yet) its laugh hahah :D
Love this area!!! Soaking in the sun and trying to do that which Heavenly Father has me here for!
Keep up the amazing work!!! I love you all!!! and so does Heavenly Father :D
Keep up the amazing work!!! I love you all!!! and so does Heavenly Father :D
Love from us both :D
Hermana Nielsen
No comments:
Post a Comment